What is the Navionics Boating app?
The Navionics Boating app is an application optimized to fit all screen sizes for both Apple and Android smartphones and tablets. The app can be downloaded to devices updated with:
- Apple iOS 9.0 or higher
- Android OS 5.0 or higher
The app for boating provides the charting details (depths, buoys, channels, obstructions, etc...) for the freshwater lakes and saltwater coverage throughout the world in a 2-week free trial. Simply download the free app from your app store - titles are "Boating Marine & Lakes" (for Apple) and "Boating HD Marine & Lakes" (for Android) - and enjoy 2 weeks of full chart detail and app features. After the trial ends, you can purchase the region(s) of coverage you require from within the app. If you choose not to purchase a region, you will still have access to basic app features and functions: Mobile: Free Boating App Options
Options and features of the Boating apps are:
- 2 Week Free Trial of Charts & Features!
- Map Download function
- Receive Navionics award-winning navigational charts
- Access Navionics SonarChart™ high-definition bathymetric layer reflecting ever-changing conditions
- Community Edits – Add, Edit & Delete chart objects
- ActiveCaptain® Community Layer
- Navigation Module – Offering advanced routing options and features
- Advanced Map Options – Allowing you to customize your map display and highlight important map features
- Dock-to-dock Autorouting – A unique breakthrough in boating navigation, quickly creates detailed routes even through narrow passages and channels, based on chart data and navigation aids
- AIS integration on screen (view compatibility information)
- Import & Export Routes, Markers and Tracks as GPX files
- FishFinder - View a fish finder directly in your app (requires Vexilar T-Box or a Raymarine Dragonfly 4, 5 or 7 PRO or Wi-Fish units)
- SonarChart™ Live - Create real-time depth contours on your map (view compatibility information)
- Weather& Tides (allows you to view wind, tides, currents and other information for a selected area)
- Sync My Data (synchronizes Favorites data across all devices, if you are using the app on multiple devices)
- Plotter Sync with Raymarine, Lowrance, Simrad, B&G & Humminbird plotters - Sync routes and markers, Upload Sonar Logs for SonarChart and update your charts directly through the app!
- Panoramic Photos