Plotter Sync with Navico: Transferring Routes & Markers
Transfer Routes & Markers
Plotter Sync interacts with the Navionics Card only. This means that you must:
- Export User Data from the plotter to the Navionics card as GPX file before Plotter Sync starts to transfer from plotter to mobile app Archive
- Import User Data to the plotter via GPX file from Navionics card after Plotter Sync completes to transfer from mobile app Archive to plotter.
• Routes & Markers from the app will be saved as a GPX file and placed on the
Navionics card for retrieval
• Plotter waypoint symbols are not maintained in app
• For Route & Marker limits within your Boating app using an Apple device see:
Apple: Is there a limit to how many Routes, Markers and Tracks I can save?
• For Route & Marker limits within your Boating app using an Android device see:
Android: Is there a limit to how many Routes, Markers and Tracks I can save?
• Check your Navico plotter's Operator's Manual for storage capacity on your plotter.
We do not suggest including the pound (#) symbol in any of your saved Markers. This may cause transfer of Routes and Markers to fail.
Routes & Markers - Plotter to Mobile
In order to sync Routes & Markers from your plotter into your mobile app, you must first EXPORT the information from the plotter to your Navionics card prior to performing Plotter Sync through your mobile device.
• From the Home/Pages screen, go to Files > Waypoints, Routes, Trails > Export > SELECT THE FILE FORMAT GPX
• Use the drop down menu to select GPX
• SELECT THE FILE FORMAT GPX > Export > Select Navionics Card > Name & Save
Once you have exported the routes and waypoints from your Navico unit, prompt the mobile app to sync the data. This can by done by going to Paired Devices > [select your device] > Start Sync.
Markers will be immediately visible while Routes can be found in the app Archive.
Routes & Markers - Mobile to Plotter
Once you have completed a sync through your mobile app, you will then need to retrieve the GPX file from the Navionics card in the plotter.
• From your Pages/Home menu go to Files > Memory Card > Navionic > Archive
• Within the card folders choose Archive to view GPX files and load from
Routes & Markers can be transferred into the plotter all at once using the All Routes or All Markers GPX files. To import individual Markers or Routes, expand the Markers or Routes folders.