Downloading and Installing the Chart Installer Program
***Note: Current version of the Navionics Chart Installer is not compatible with Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Mac OSX versions less than 10.9.
***Note: Chart Installer is currently not compatible for download from Internet Explorer. Compatible browsers include Edge, Chrome, Firefox, and Safari.
1. Go to My Card > Activate/Update on the Navionics website.
2. Scroll down and select the "Download It" button to start the download.
3. a. >> FOR WINDOWS USERS << (Mac users see below)
Installation will begin immediately. You should see a progress bar at the bottom of the screen that shows the download file Chart+Installer.exe. Once completed, you can click on the arrow and select "Open", or you can find the Chart Installer file under your downloads.
b. >> FOR MAC USERS <<
- Double click (or right-click > Open) the .dmg file under Downloads to mount (access and open) the file.
- Double click the Chart Installer setup file (or right-click > Open)
- Select Open to run the setup
***If your computer is not allowing you to open the application to let it run, make sure to enable the download and installation of Chart Installer from your Mac:
- Go on the Mac Settings >> System Preferences >> Security & Privacy >> General
- "Unlock" the padlock at the bottom-left of the window
- Click to Allow Apps downloaded from: "Mac Store and identified developers" (will require permission and your computer password to install programs downloaded from sites other than the Mac Store)
- Go to the top of step 4 and try running the application setup again and then proceed to step 4.
4. After installation it is suggested to restart your computer.