Downloading and Installing the Chart Installer Program
***Note: Current version of the Navionics Chart Installer is not compatible with Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Mac OSX versions less than 10.12.
***Note: Chart Installer is currently not compatible for download from Internet Explorer. Compatible browsers include Edge, Chrome, Firefox, and Safari.
1. Go to My Card > Activate/Update on the Navionics website.
2. Scroll down and select the "Download It" button to start the download.
3. a. >> FOR WINDOWS USERS << (Mac users see below)
Installation will begin immediately. You should see a progress bar at the bottom of the screen that shows the download file Chart+Installer.exe. Once completed, you can click on the arrow and select "Open", or you can find the Chart Installer file under your downloads.
***Note: Screenshot below illustrates the location of the status bar when utilizing Google Chrome to download the Chart Installer. Using different web browsers will result in different locations of the status bar.
b. >> FOR MAC USERS <<
- Double click (or right-click > Open) the .dmg file under Downloads to mount (access and open) the file.
- Double click the Chart Installer setup file (or right-click > Open)
- Select Open to run the setup
4. After installation it is suggested to restart your computer.
***If your computer is not allowing you to open the application to let it run, make sure to enable the download and installation of Chart Installer from your Mac:
- Go on the Mac Settings >> System Preferences >> Security & Privacy >> General
- "Unlock" the padlock at the bottom-left of the window
- Click to Allow Apps downloaded from: "Mac Store and identified developers" (will require permission and your computer password to install programs downloaded from sites other than the Mac Store)
- Go back to step 3.b and try running the application setup again and then proceed to step 4.