1. Insert your Navionics Chart into your computer to launch the Chart Installer using either the white USB card reader included in your package or the card slot on your computer.
Don't have the Chart Installer on your computer? See Downloading and Installing the Chart Installer Program
- If you have a SD/MSD chip, please UNLOCK it first (locking mechanism pushed to the top of the card toward the contacts) and make sure your MSD card is in the SD adapter.
2. Login to the Chart Installer using an existing account or create a new Navionics account
- Active Navionics account holders (such as Navionics mobile users) can simply sign into their existing account
- NEW Navionics users - select the CREATE ONE button
YOUR CARD IS NOW REGISTERED TO YOUR NAVIONICS ACCOUNT.
- Select the manufacturer, family and model of your GPS/chart plotter/sounder
If you would like to download to or update your card, please continue through the next steps.
*** If you have a plotter card you were using to create SonarChart™ Live, you can move the files to your new card and continue to use them on your plotter. For full instructions see our Help article: Moving SonarChart™ Live logs from one card to another.
3. For Navionics Updates cards go through the activation process
4. For Platinum+ or HotMaps Platinum products you can update your preloaded charts
5. For Navionics+ products either download chart coverage or update preloaded charts
6. Click "START" and allow the charts to download. Estimation of download time will vary based on internet connection & speed, as well as selected chart size.
7. Once the download has fully completed, safely remove your Navionics card
- FOR WINDOWS USERS - Click to show hidden icons - Click to Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media - Select Eject NAVIONICS
- FOR MAC USERS - Click to select the NAVIONICS drive - Select File > Eject NAVIONICS - Or select NAVIONICS and hit ⌘E